IT Security Engineer (JOBNO2916)
As an IT Security Engineer for Network Security, you will be responsible for firewall and content delivery systems. In this role, you will ensure appropriate system resources and configuration are in place to support secure enterprise solutions. The ideal candidate will have a strong networking background with load balancing and content delivery skills as well as experience administering next-generation firewalls with advanced features such as NAT, transparent deployments, IDS/IPS, URL inspection, HTTPS decryption, and anti-virus. Primary responsibilities include support and administration of next-generation firewall, IDS, URL filtering, and other related technologies. This role is be based out of our headquarters in St. Petersburg, FL but we are open to remote candidates that are based out of other locations in the US as well. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: • Identifies security risks and develops solutions to eliminate or minimize risks. • Performs capacity reviews and recommends expansions or reductions as warranted. • Produces and maintains design documentation. • Reviews code releases for feature inclusion and bug awareness prior to implementation. • Provides operational support such as training and documentation. • Primary support and central point of contact for next-generation perimeter security devices. • Forward thinking to identify upcoming trends and security best practices on the network. • Responsible for up-time, reliability, stability and policy maintenance of supported systems. • May function as team lead, providing technical leadership to the team. • Facilitates automation wherever possible to create efficiencies and eliminate errors. • Serves as escalation point in troubleshooting system problems. • Leads implementation efforts for security initiatives and resolutions resulting from internal and external assessments. • Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
>1 min jii cache clear pandran
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and five (5) years of relevant experience in information security development, software engineering or combination of training, education and experience.
• Strong networking background required, ideally in a Cisco environment.
• Strong F-5 experience in relation to Web app Firewalls (Palo Alto is the FW at RJF)
• Strong load balancing, F5 is highly desired as well as AppViewX
• Automated scripting is a strong plus (Python, Bash)
• CISSP certification highly desirable.
• Palo Alto experience highly preferred.
• Computer Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification or the ability to obtain within six (6) months.